Registration for this program is currently unavailable
August 25-28, 2014 | Hong Kong
The Public Affairs in Asia Institute is designed to help you and your staff navigate complex political issues, refine your global management strategies, and build a network of contacts across the region. This executive education program, which is co-sponsored by the Australian Centre for Corporate Public Affairs and the Public Affairs Council and held at the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, School of Business and Management, covers all aspects of public affairs management in Asia.
Gain Strategic Insights:
You’ll learn about the complex political trends and social atmosphere in the region, as well as the overall business environment. For more information on what will be covered in this intensive residential program, see the agenda. Topics to be covered this year include:
- Building and maintaining government relations
- Reputation management
- Political and cultural diversity in Asia
- The Next Big Thing: Managing public affairs trends
- Crisis communication
- Issues management
- Corporate social responsibility
- Using media strategies
- Measuring your public affairs value
- All other corporate public affairs disciplines
This unique program pairs diverse faculty with seasoned public affairs professionals from across the Asia region, including past participants and speakers from organizations such as:
- Dow Chemical
- British American Tobacco
- Time Warner
- Shell Eastern Petroleum
- IHG Asia Pacific
- Neptune Orient Lines
- McKinsey & Co.
- WE Marketing Group
- Procter & Gamble
2014 Registration: Click here for registration form
2013 Registration Fee:
US$5,200 (Council Members or CCPA Members)
Please note: Transaction will be settled in Australian dollars at the prevailing conversion rate.
Registration fee includes: Tuition, all course materials, full accommodation and meals for this residential program. Important: Accommodation (apartment and hostel style) is at two sites on campus and will be allocated in order of receipt of registration.
You are also encouraged to participate in the Roundtable for Senior Practitioners (please see below). If you have any questions, please contact Sheree Anne Kelly at 202.787.5970 or via email.
This program is eligible for 3 elective credits toward the Certificate in Public Affairs Management.
Public Affairs Management in Asia/Roundtable for Senior Practitioners
August 29, 2014 | Hong Kong
This is the only peer-to-peer annual forum in Asia that promotes a candid exchange of views and experiences on major current and emerging issues in corporate public affairs/corporate communications management. It is held in a vendor-free environment.
As usual, speakers will include many of Asia’s leading public affairs practitioners. Each session will begin with experienced discussion leaders and will seek to examine issues through dialogue in an active, participatory setting.
• Asia-Pacific regional economic and policy architecture — six emerging geopolitical issues thoughtful corporate public affairs practitioners need to know about
• What best-practice corporate public affairs looks like now in Asia
• Managing the function: What your management peers need to know about what you do and why you do it
• What every leader needs to know about social media and Big Data
• Why big corporate change management programs involving public affairs succeed — or fail
• Managing yourself: Identifying, knowing, understanding and playing to your strengths as a senior manager
If you have any questions, please contact Sheree Anne Kelly at 202.787.5970 or via email.
This seminar is jointly sponsored by:
Public Affairs Council The Centre for Corporate Public Affairs