September 9-12, 2013 – Hong Kong
The Public Affairs in Asia Institute is designed to help you and your staff navigate complex political issues, refine your global management strategies, and build a network of contacts across the region. This executive education program, which is cosponsored by the Australian Centre for Corporate Public Affairs and the Public Affairs Council and held at the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, School of Business and Management, covers all aspects of public affairs management in Asia.
Gain Strategic Insights:
You’ll learn about the complex political trends and social atmosphere in the region, as well as the overall business environment. For more information on what will be covered in this intensive residential program, see the agenda. Topics to be covered this year include:
- Building and Maintaining Government Relations
- Reputation Management
- Political and Cultural Diversity in Asia
- The Next Big Thing: Managing Public Affairs Trends
- Crisis Communication
- Issues Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Using Media Strategies
- Measuring Your Public Affairs Value
- All other corporate public affairs disciplines
This unique program pairs diverse faculty with seasoned public affairs professionals from across the Asia region including past participants and speakers from organizations such as:
- Dow Chemical
- British American Tobacco
- Time Warner
- Shell Eastern Petroleum
- Coca Cola
- IHG Asia Pacific
- Neptune Orient Lines
- McKinsey & Company
- WE Marketing Group
- Proctor & Gamble
2012 Registration Fee:
US$5,200 (Council Members or CCPA Members)
Please note: transaction will be settled in Australian dollars at the prevailing conversion rate.
Registration fee includes: tuition, all course materials, full accommodation and meals for this residential program. Important - accommodation (apartment and hostel style) is at two sites on campus and will be allocated in order of receipt of registration.
You are also encouraged to participate in the following day’s Roundtable for Senior Practitioners (please see below). If you have any questions, please contact Sheree Anne Kelly at 202.787.5970 or email.
Public Affairs Management in Asia/Roundtable for Senior Practitioners
September 13, 2013 | Hong Kong
The one-day roundtable, which is cosponsored by the Australian Centre for Corporate Public Affairs and the Public Affairs Council, provides a unique opportunity for leaders of the public affairs profession throughout Asia to share ideas, deepen their relationships and identify “best practices.” This roundtable is designed for interaction among regional heads of function and senior corporate public affairs/external relations practitioners from across Asia.
This interactive Roundtable will include discussions about:
- Attracting and retaining good public affairs employees and teams;
- How to establish and maintain the corporate public affairs/external relations function as top of mind in an organization;
- Latest developments in issues and corporate reputation management;
- Social media and employees – emerging good practice;
- Managing yourself: insights on how to remain fresh, relevant and strategic as head of function;
- Current public policy, economic and political trends affecting business in Asia;
If you have any questions, please contact Sheree Anne Kelly at 202.787.5970 or email.
This seminar is jointly sponsored by:
Public Affairs Council The Centre for Corporate Public Affairs