Are you ready to handle the media spotlight?
With the rapid changes in the news industry, media relations and media engagement have undergone significant changes. Public affairs professionals and communicators need to be able to respond clearly, succinctly, persuasively and quickly via multiple channels. If you don’t have experience dealing with the media and staying on message during a crisis or reputational issue; then you can face significant challenges when communicating with the fourth estate.
This interactive workshop will address:
- Tactics and strategies for successfully handling a media interview via by phone, email or on live TV
- How to develop your talking points, key themes and overall narrative
- Understanding the flow of a newsroom, news research and the new demands placed on today’s journalists
- The dos and don’ts of successful media pitching and story development
Who should attend?
- Public affairs professionals at all levels
- Corporate communications professionals and spokespeople
- Association executives, spokespeople or communications professionals
- Professionals responsible for media relations or crisis communications
Don’t miss out on this unique hands-on workshop to improve your media relations skills.
Vice President of Communications
Retail Industry Leaders Association
Director of Media and Advocacy Training
American Farm Bureau Federation
This program is eligible for 2 credits toward the Certificate in PAC and Grassroots Management.
This program is eligible for 2 elective credits toward the Certificate in Public Affairs Management.
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 2 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.