If you think compliance rules don’t apply online, think again.
What happens when your organization wants to incorporate social media into its communications, lobbying, grassroots and PAC initiatives? To be both effective and compliant, you must be aware of the legal issues at play.
Join us for this two-hour event and hear from top legal experts who can help you navigate political law compliance at the federal and state levels.
Political law experts will answer the following questions:
- Can I use digital advertising for PAC or advocacy purposes?
- Does a tweet count as lobbying and if so, do I need to report it?
- Can we use LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter for talking about our organization’s PAC?
- Does my state-level online advocacy campaign trigger state compliance fillings?
- Are there new technologies that will help me increase my PAC receipts?
Caitlin Donahue Senior Vice President Curley Company
Shawn Sheehy Associate Holtzman Vogel Josefiak Torchinsky PLLC
Michael Toner Partner & Election Law Co-Chair Wiley Rein LLP
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 2 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.