National Grassroots Conference
June 20-22, 2016 – The Westin Alexandria – Alexandria, VA
GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING GROUP ROOM BLOCKS
Once the rooming block is full or after the cut-off date (whichever comes first), you may not be able to obtain the Public Affairs Council group rate or a room at the conference hotel. Therefore, we recommend that you book a room as early as possible.
Also please note that the room rate is only valid for the nights of the conference (check-in taking place on the first advertised day of the conference and check-out on the final day.) Some hotels have been known to honor the room rate on the few days before and after our events, but please be aware that it is not guaranteed and that the room rate may be different.
ROOM RATES & RESERVATIONS
The Public Affairs Council has obtained a special group rate of $279 per night at The Westin Alexandria. To make hotel reservations, please call (866) 837-4210 or click here to reserve online. When calling, make sure to identify yourself as part of the Public Affairs Council receive the group rate. The deadline for reservations is 5:00 pm EST on May 21.
A deposit of one night’s room and tax will be charged to your credit card at the time of your reservation. Individual reservations may be cancelled without penalty until 72 hours prior to arrival. Cancellations received less than 72 hours prior to arrival and any no-show reservations will be billed one night’s room and tax to the payment method on file.
At check-in, guests will have the opportunity to reconfirm departure dates. Any guest departing prior to that date will be assessed a charge equal to one night’s room and tax.
The Westin Alexandria
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, VA 22314
Reservations: (866) 837-4210 / reserve online
Room Rate: $279++ per night
Cut-off date: May 21 at 5:00 pm EST
Check-in time: 3:00pm
Check-out time: 12:00pm
Make sure to identify yourself as part of the “Public Affairs Council”
The hotel is three blocks from the King Street Metro station (Blue/Yellow lines). The Westin will be providing continuous shuttle service to/from the hotel and the Metro station between the hours of 7am – 8am and 5pm – 5:30pm. Outside of those hours, the complimentary Alexandria hotel shuttle operates within a 1.5 mile radius of the hotel and provides transportation to the King Street Metrorail station, the Alexandria Amtrak station and the shops, restaurants, and attractions in historic Old Town. The shuttle is available daily from 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM. For more information, call The Westin Alexandria at (703) 253-8600.
- Map your driving and/or walking directions
- Walking directions to the hotel from the King Street Metro – the hotel is less than a 10 minute walk from the Metro station. When exiting the Metro station, turn right and follow the path to the pedestrian tunnel. The pedestrian walkway will take you underneath Duke Street and to Dulany Street. Follow Dulany Street and turn right on Jamieson Street. Walk one block and turn left on Courthouse Square.
AIRPORTS & TRANSPORTATION
The hotel is minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), and within two hours of Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI). Explore transportation options from each airport to The Westin Alexandria below, or take advantage of one of the numerous rental agencies located in the airports should you wish to have a car at your disposal during your stay.
Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Metrorail: The blue and yellow metro lines will take you from the airport to a metro station within walking distance from our Alexandria hotel. Travel time is just about 20-25 minutes, and fees vary by time of day. For hours and more information, call (202) 637-7000.
From Terminals B and C: Use either of two enclosed pedestrian bridges on the concourse level that connect directly to the Metrorail station.
From Terminal A: Exit the terminal to the street curb and board any “Airport Shuttle” bus. At the stops for Parking Garages B and C (bus shelter #3 and bus shelter #5) you will find an enclosed pedestrian bridge that connects to the Metrorail station.
From the Metrorail Station, take either the blue line toward Franconia-Springfield or the yellow line toward Huntington and get off at the King Street Metrorail station. The hotel is three blocks away.
- SuperShuttle: Arrange a shuttle to our Alexandria hotel for quick and easy transportation. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (800) 258-3826. The cost is $16 for one passenger and $10 for each additional passenger.
- Alexandria Yellow Cab: Transportation by taxi to our Alexandria hotel takes just about 15 minutes, is available 24 hours and costs approximately $15. Catch a cab at the airport or reserve one in advance by calling (703) 549-2500.
Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- SuperShuttle: Arrange a shuttle to our Alexandria hotel, available 24 hours. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (800) 258-3826. The cost is $35 for one passenger and $10 for each additional passenger. Travel time to The Westin Alexandria is approximately one hour and thirty minutes.
- Washington Flyer Taxi: Transportation by taxi to our Alexandria hotel takes about 45 minutes, is available 24 hours and costs approximately $80. Reserve one in advance by calling (703) 572-8294.
Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
- SuperShuttle: Arrange a shuttle to our Alexandria hotel, available 24 hours. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (800) 258-3826. The cost is $45 for one passenger and $12 for each additional passenger. Travel time to The Westin Alexandria is approximately two hours.
- Taxi: Transportation by taxi to our Alexandria hotel takes about two hours, is available 24 hours and costs approximately $90.
Valet parking rates is $30 per day. Please note the rates are subject to change by the hotel without prior notice.
ABOUT THE WESTIN ALEXANDRIA
The Westin Alexandria is blocks from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and close to Reagan National Airport and Washington, D.C. The hotel is moments away from the Amtrak/Metro station and many boutiques and restaurants in Old Town Alexandria.
Enjoy contemporary American cuisine at one of their new Alexandria restaurants: Trademark, where stiff drinks, clever cocktails, thoughtful sustenance and ingenious atmosphere help create Alexandria’s signature meeting place. If you prefer to stay in the comfort of your Heavenly Bed®, in-room dining is offered during limited hours. The Alexandria hotel features a heated indoor pool and WestinWORKOUT® to help you maintain your goals while on the road.
The Westin Alexandria is a premier venue for Alexandria meetings. The Alexandria hotel is host to the largest ballroom in Old Town Alexandria with 7,901 square feet that can accommodate up to 700 guests. Stay connected with our flexible workplace options through Tangent™ at Westin. The search for an exceptional hotel in Alexandria ends with The Westin Alexandria.