NATIONAL GRASSROOTS CONFERENCE
February 3-6, 2015 – Casa Marina Resort – Key West, Fla.
Who Should Attend?
- Grassroots professionals who are interested in today’s key issues, including social media, ethics and best practices for developing trusted advocates.
- Communications professionals who are increasingly involved with advocacy.
- Senior public affairs executives who direct political and legislative programs.
- Lobbyists who want to learn how grassroots can support their advocacy efforts.
- PAC managers interested in coordinating their work with grassroots strategies.
- Grassroots key contacts, trainers and volunteer leaders (some companies and associations use conference attendance to develop champions).
- Organizations that are, or will be, starting a grassroots program.
- Business and non-profit leaders who want to increase their political effectiveness.
Why Should You Attend?
In addition to a diverse agenda on innovative best practices and the most networking opportunities, you’ll get access to:
Senior-Level Workshops: For experienced grassroots professionals.
Resource Exchange: Creative idea swaps with industry innovators.
Software Satisfaction: Ratings for dozens of political vendors.
Salary Survey: Our salary benchmarking survey for grassroots professionals.
Mentoring Program: We pair newcomers with seasoned professionals.
Industry’s Only Vendor Fair: Check out the best sources available for grassroots technology, products and services.
Sessions for All Levels and Interests!
Tracks are available to guide your learning, but you’re encouraged to mix and match sessions to fit your needs. Featured sessions in each track include:
Likeonomics and Building Trust
- Opening Keynote
- All Concurrent Sessions!
New sessions designed to provide insights on the toughest challenges grassroots professionals are facing
- How do I fight issue fatigue and keep advocates engaged?
- It is personal. It’s not just business.
- What can I do about the skepticism about grassroots?
- How do I really integrate my grassroots, PAC and lobbying efforts?
- How can I build capacity to do more with less?
Communications & Social Media
Great for communications and grassroots professionals charged with communicating internally and externally about advocacy
- The “eyes” have it: Video for grassroots case study
- External communications roundtables
- Employee and member communications
- Legislators in the social media puzzle
- What’s next in social media for advocacy
Perfect for experienced professionals and returning attendees looking to engage in “ahead-of-trend” discussions
- Advanced dialogue: Going Public and Engaging Customers
- 360-degree grassroots program case studies
- Grassroots Innovation Awards
- Grassroots on an international scale
- Telling your story
Management & Tactics
Sessions for all professional levels, including those starting a grassroots program
- Building a successful grassroots program
- Grassroots x 50
- Developing an in-district grassroots strategy
- Measurement tools and strategies
- Key contact and grasstops programs
- Lobby days and fly-ins
What People Have Said…
“As someone new to grassroots, I feel like I got a good grasp of where and how to start our program and the excitement to do so!”
- Lisa Durst, senior analyst, public affairs, Eaton Corp.
“Great to see a wonderful turnout from a good mix of industries and associations, with very informative workshops to boot.”
- Sheila Edding, Sanofi US
“The agenda was well though out. There’s solid member participation and a good mix of workshop topics.”
- Mike Capaldi, associate vice president, civic action and social networking, Sanofi US
“Another information-packed conference. The Grassroots Innovation Award winners were especially inspiring.”
- Anna Wagner, government relations representative, Eastman Chemical Co.
“Another great conference! I always walk away with good ideas no matter how often I attend.”
- Chris Amatos, manager, policy communications, American Electric Power
“The Grassroots Conference consistently delivers! The information is relevant, speakers engaging and the networking opportunities invaluable.”
- Monica del Rio, community affairs and grassroots specialist, Southwest Airlines Co.
“Sessions are always on target, and the networking is extremely valuable.”
- Amanda Uherek, director of government relations, Healthcare Leadership Council
“I received lots of great information from experience professionals, and I’ll use all of it for our grassroots program.”
- Tim Miller, senior program manager, communications and state advocacy, American Academy of Neurology
“The conference has lots of energy and a passion for grassroots.”
- Rick Eastman, legislative representative, Ameren Corp.