|May 2, 2017
9 a.m. − 3 p.m. EDT
Washington or Virtual
Compliance is an integral part of any public affairs program, and every public affairs professional should know the rules. Do your organization’s lobbyists, PAC professionals and grassroots practitioners understand the laws and regulations impacting their work — and your organization’s reputation — at the state and federal level?
Join leading election law expert Ken Gross for a full-day overview of the top legal and compliance issues facing your public affairs programs. In this seminar, hear about all of the rules that apply to PACs, corporate political contributions, gift rules and ethics, pay-to-play and lobbying at the state and federal level.
Ken will provide a detailed overview of numerous topics, including:
- Campaign finance laws affecting your organization’s involvement at the federal and state levels, including PAC solicitation rules, corporate contribution limitations and reporting considerations
- Pay-to-play restrictions and how to set up pre-clearance and training programs to keep your employees in compliance
- Lobbying registration and reporting rules at the federal and state level
- How to engage with candidates as well as legislative and executive branch officials legally (including bringing them to your facilities to support your PAC and grassroots programs) and related gift restrictions
- Proxy proposals and issues surrounding transparency in political activities
Attendees will also have a chance to share key challenges or questions with Ken and get feedback on keeping their program in compliance.
Who should attend?
- Heads of public affairs functions who want to understand the limitations and rules impacting their team
- PAC administrators and directors trying to understand the solicitation and contribution guidelines
- Grassroots and advocacy professionals seeking to connect advocates with legislators more regularly
- Compliance professionals responsible for lobbying disclosure and FEC/state campaign finance reporting
- Organizational general counsel staff looking to learn more about political compliance rules
This program is eligible for 3 compliance credits toward the Certificate in PAC & Grassroots Management.
This program is eligible for 3 compliance credits toward the Certificate in Public Affairs Management.