Looking for an intern?
Internships can provide your company with fresh ideas, new skills and the possibility to recruit the brightest college grads. The following links will demonstrate the advantages of hiring an intern as well as helpful tips on how you can make the most out of your internship program.
- Giving interns guidance on office policies from the start eliminates possible missteps. Click here for a sample guide.
- A good internship should benefit both the employer and employee. A clearly defined job description will help you focus your program and give the intern guidance on what to expect. Click here for a sample description.
- Finding a qualified intern may seem like a daunting task and once you do find them, chances are you will want to keep them for awhile. Here are some pointers on the best ways to find and keep a good intern.
Tips for finding an internship:
An internship can give you unparalled experience in your field, a competitive edge over others in the job market and the chance to network. The following links will give you some ideas of how to find an internship, what to expect once you get one (and you will), and how to make the most out of the experience.
- Here is a list of links to available Internship postings.
- How can you make yourself more attractive to a potential employer? This tip sheet will give you some hints.
- For many college students, an internship is their first foray into the “real world.” Don’t let this intimidate you. Here is a sample office guide to help you know what to expect on the first day.
- During the application process, you will most likely be asked for a cover letter. Many starting off in the business world are unsure of what a cover letter should include. Here, uncover 7 myths of cover letters and some methods to make your cover letter stand out from the crowd.
- Are you interested in an internship at the Public Affairs Council? We accept applications year round.