Ogilvy Public Relations
Ogilvy Washington is seeking a resourceful and team-focused communications professional to join our Corporate & Public Affairs team as a Account Supervisor. The successful candidate will join a diverse and dynamic team in a robust learning environment, with a stimulating portfolio of accounts. In this role, the team member will be responsible for developing and executing public relations programs for multiple accounts. The Account Supervisor will gain exposure to a variety of industries, issues, and clients, including Fortune 500 corporations, nonprofits, associations, and government agencies.
Ogilvy Washington maintains one of the largest and most respected public affairs groups in our nation’s capital. Our Corporate & Public Affairs Group specializes in public policy, advocacy, coalition building, grassroots mobilization, issues and crisis management, corporate communications and international relations. We maintain deep expertise in defense, energy, food, health care, international affairs, trade, technology, and telecommunications.
* Perform day-to-day account work with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues.
* Independently manage several small accounts, or major projects for large accounts, serving as account lead and/or primary point of contact with support, supervision as needed.
* Manage client expectations, earning clients’ respect, trust and confidence.
* Develop and manage projects/programs, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets, and timelines.
* Develop presentations for clients relative to project management and program status.
* Keep team(s) appropriately informed and involved in projects; ensure projects run smoothly, and help team members feel empowered, respected, and educated.
* Identify and secure assistance with emerging account problems.
* Articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products, and overall capabilities.
* 3+ years communications/PR experience; agency experience a plus.
* Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Public Policy, Communications, or other related field.
* Media relations experience developing and executing media strategies, including media pitching, and analysis.
* Experience writing press releases and developing press kits.
* Demonstrated superior writing skills.
* Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person.
* Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels.
* Exemplary research, organizational, and communication skills.
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects as well as prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks.
How to Apply:
Please include your resume and a cover letter. No phone calls or emails please. Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted. While we welcome applications from out-of-state candidates, we are unable to provide reimbursement for relocation or travel expenses for this position.
Ogilvy Public Relations is a leading global marketing communications firm, with offices in more than 60 cities around the world. Ogilvy Washington has been a market leader in the DC area for over 30 years. Our communications professionals specialize in public policy advocacy, reputation management, coalition building, issues and crisis management, corporate communications and international relations. We maintain deep expertise in defense, energy, food, health care, international affairs, trade, technology, and telecommunications.
Our team – born from an advertising agency known for creativity – designs campaigns that mix insight with imagination to yield smart and creative solutions. By combining first-hand Washington knowledge with the best and brightest in traditional and digital media and creative, we help our clients make a difference inside the Beltway, across the nation and around the world. Ogilvy Public Relations is part of the WPP Group, one of the world’s largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com).
Job Posted: February 15, 2017