Mortgage Bankers Association
The Mortgage Bankers Association Political Action Committee (MORPAC) is seeking an Assistant Director to manage the daily activities related to growing the PAC for the Mortgage Bankers Association. The candidate must be detail-oriented, enthusiastic, well-organized, possess strong time management skills and maintain the ability and proper judgment to responsibly and securely handle large sums of money.
The incumbent will assist the Director of Political Affairs in the development and execution of an expanded set of PAC fundraising strategies, tactics, and initiatives, as well as the day-to-day task management and administrative functions of MORPAC. Approximately 20% travel is required for this position.
· Conduct donor prospecting and outreach with the intent of growing the PAC in heretofore underutilized industry segments.
· Maintain lead responsibility for recapturing lagging donors and e-contributors on a monthly basis.
· In coordination with the DPA, develop and maintain professional relationships with all MORPAC committee members and other MBA leaders and members that are appropriate PAC donor prospects (e.g., Board, BOG, committee and council members, etc.).
· Oversee preparation of MORPAC committee meetings, events, and conference calls, and prepare and send minutes for each meeting.
· Compile a weekly PAC report for the MORPAC Chairman and relevant committee and MBA staff.
· Assist the Director in developing and implementing a major donor recognition program, including the PAC Speaker Series.
This position description should not be construed to contain every function and/or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in political science, communications or public policy with a minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in political fundraising or managing/building a PAC or PAC programs with demonstrated success. Advanced skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and knowledge of DDC Advocacy (or Aristotle) and database management software considered a strong plus.
Candidate must possess strong verbal communication and writing skills both creative and journalistic. Candidate must also be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and deliverables that can change within the same week or even the same day. A strong interpersonal skill-set with confident sales/fundraising capabilities is a must.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Job Posted: April 5, 2017