- Create, support and implement a wide range of corporate social responsibility strategies and programs for high profile, globally recognized clients
- Elevate CSR agendas by developing strategies for client campaigns and activations, including events, media relations, digital engagement, coalition building, executive positioning and corporate communications
- Provide strategic counsel on relevant CSR issues and trends i.e. sustainable sourcing, reporting and monitoring, awards and rankings etc.
- Develop partnership strategies and manage stakeholder engagement efforts, including:
- Mapping key stakeholders in relation to an issue, cause or campaign
- Cultivating relationships with NGOs, multilateral organizations, journalists and advocacy groups
- Facilitating partnerships and collaborations, including events, programs and campaigns
- Provide the highest level of client consulting services and support through proactive account management on a daily basis
- Project team management including oversight of client engagement, staffing and budget
- Manage and mentor junior level staff, overseeing their work and overall development
- Participate in business development activities across the firm globally, including devising strategies, writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- 6 years of international development, non-profit management, strategic communication, and/or government relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ideal candidate will have previous experience writing with organizations to address issues by delivering corporate responsibility, international development and sustainability-related solutions, including corporate responsibility reports, smart media and digital outreach, advocacy campaigns, thought leadership positioning and stakeholder engagements
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communications, stakeholder engagement and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Posted: January 23, 2017