Entertainment Software Association (ESA)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, review, and analyze state legislative issues of interest to the entertainment software industry including, but not limited to content, ratings, privacy, e-commerce, intellectual property, and tax; drafting memoranda and testimony on these issues. Testify before state and local legislative bodies.
- Manage state lobbying strategy and coordinate industry profile events with legislative representatives across the country.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports advising executive leadership and ESA members of pending and emerging legislative issues.
- Work with policy department to develop consensus among ESA members regarding issues as they arise.
- Assist in the development of potential allies and coordinate with retailer and other likeminded trade organizations to develop industry coalitions and strategies on relevant issues.
- Devise strategic state-based corporate campaign giving strategies, as allowed by law.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information on state legislative matters.
- Coordinate with federal government affairs staff to ensure that the ESA is taking a consistent position on issues at both the federal and state levels on issues of interest to the industry.
- Work with various stakeholder organizations and attend meetings with Governors, Attorneys General and state legislative leadership. Coordinate special projects such as ESRB ratings awareness partnerships, internet safety projects; and legislative meetings, events and conferences.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; political science/government preferred.
- 3-6 years of government affairs experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Superior written communication skills are required.
Qualified candidates only, please forward resume and cover letter to jobs@theESA.com with (Position title)/(your last name) in the subject line. Resumes without the required skills and experience will not be considered.
Job Posted: February 25, 2017