Execute Principal’s comprehensive Government Relations program as developed in coordination with the VP of Federal Government Relations, BUs and SCBUs. Provide public policy expertise on international legislative and regulatory matters that impact Principal and other market participants as assigned by the VP of Federal Government Relations. Represent the interests of Principal before international and federal regulators, foreign embassies, trade associations, business coalitions, and consumer advocacy groups. Prioritize, disseminate and manage information within Principal regarding important legislative and regulatory proposals, engaging company leadership to develop policy positions regarding the potential operating impact on Principal. Effectively communicate those positions to outside constituencies to advance the interests of company employees, customers, and shareholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required plus a minimum of 7 years of Executive Branch, Capitol Hill, international government relations or industry experience required.
- MBA, JD or Master’s Degree in Political Science, Government, Economics, Public Policy, Business or related field preferred.
- Fluency in the Spanish language preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the political and legislative processes needed, including good political instincts and acumen.
- Retirement security policy expertise at both the domestic and international levels strongly desired.
- Highly developed negotiation, analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills are necessary in order to focus on short-term solutions while keeping long-range strategic plans in perspective.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Background Check Requirements
Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posted: February 13, 2017