American Dental Association
The American Dental Association is dedicated to promoting the public’s health through its initiatives in research, education, advocacy, public awareness and the development of standards. We have an exciting opportunity for a Congressional Lobbyist within the Division of Government and Public Affairs.
Position Responsibilities: This is a congressional affairs position within the Division of Government and Public Affairs and is located in Washington, DC. Incumbent shall be responsible for advocating legislative goals of the Association.
• A BS/BA degree.
• A minimum of two years’ experience as lobbyist and/or as a government affairs staff person.
• In depth knowledge of Congress and the legislative process.
• Hill experience with particular knowledge of major Congressional health committees, health associations and federal health care issues.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communications and analytical skills.
• Ability to established relationships with Members of Congress and their staff.
• An ability to respond to legislative changes, development of alternative legislative approaches and political developments, strategies and tactical planning.
• Proficient in MicroSoft Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL & PowerPoint) skills.
• Willing to work evenings and weekends.
• Willing to travel 10-25%
Highly desirable skills include:
Advanced degree (e.g. Law Degree, Master’s degree, etc.)
NOTE: This position is based out of our Washington D.C. office
Job Posted: April 5, 2017