Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help you thrive. At Ticketmaster you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
Our Government Relations Team plays a critical role in the coordination and execution of state and federal public affairs campaigns and political fundraising that support all of Live Nation Entertainment’s lines of business. Reporting to the Vice President, Government Relations, the ideal candidate will have leadership skills, and help the VP manage multiple projects within the department, as well as the day-to-day workload.
This is an open-ended contract position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and execute these projects within the constraints of rigid time deadlines
- First line support of day-to-day department needs; help to manage outside consultants toward meeting expectations regarding legislative objectives and outcomes
- Tracking and maintenance of all correspondence, memorandums, and other departmental documentation
- Compile and edit reports into the VP
- Conduct research necessary for various projects as needed
- Compile and provide information for reports and special projects for presentations to upper management
- Manage schedules for mid-to-large-sized projects, monitor incoming requests and handle small projects
- Document the process (perhaps assisting with research, recapping a brainstorming session or an even more formal brief)
- Develop and help draft lobbying materials for the purpose of educating Members of Congress and state legislators on Live Nation Entertainment
- Write talking points for artists or executives
- Draft advocacy letters in favor of/against various pieces of legislation
- Some administrative duties (e.g., filing of required lobbying reports)
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
What you need on your resume:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or similar field
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience, preferably at a Mid-Management to Executive support level, or commensurate with skill level
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and cross-departmental projects, for teams working towards the same goal
- Highly proficient in MS office suite — including PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Keen ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Intelligent, flexible and adaptable team player
- Ability to independently manage and develop project plans
- Pro-active problem solver
- Ability to work collaboratively and form coalitions to advocate for various positions
- Ability to balance the details and the big picture
- Ability to be creative, analytical and tactical
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings, negotiate conflicts, etc.
- A background in either issue advocacy or media and communications is helpful
- Strong writing skills necessary
- Experience in political fundraising is a plus
- Experience in corporate philanthropy is a plus
- Knowledge of the music, concert, and/or ticketing industries is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
To apply: http://jobs.ticketmaster.com/ShowJob/Id/1110371/Contractor-Government-Relations/
Job Posted: February 15, 2017