This position will coordinate activities related to the Employee Political Action Committee (PAC), including day-to-day PAC management, employee solicitation, member communications, and PAC Board and compliance functions. In addition, this position will support the implementation, tracking and reporting of Direct Energy’s Stakeholder Engagement & Management plan. This individual will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of external relations activities, including: proactive stakeholder message development and digital channel delivery; grassroots advocacy initiatives; external event logistics and administration; community relations media support; media monitoring, analytics and reporting; and Direct Energy Foundation community investment reporting. This position will report to the Director, Corporate Affairs and will interact with all levels of the company and with external parties and Stakeholders.
- Work-related experience in PAC administration and fundraising.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal requirements for political activity disclosure and reporting, to include FEC laws.
- In-depth understanding of the political and legislative processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, public-speaking and interpersonal skills; especially ability to write, edit and proofread to a professional standard
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point; deep understanding and experience working in social media channels.
- Corporate event and logistics planning experience helpful.
- Creativity and willingness to present and test new and innovative ideas.
- Self-starter who is organized, collaborative, resourceful and able to anticipate and prioritize business needs and successfully execute a wide range of diverse projects.
- Ability to work in dynamic environment with frequently changing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel as required for business within North America.
- Strong desire to learn and be challenged.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience is required.
- Two to four plus years professional experience.
- Work experience in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Relevant experience in PAC administration and fundraising.
- Develop and execute a solicitation strategy and metrics to grow PAC membership.
- Prepare and distribute PAC communications, including membership newsletters, issue updates, and solicitation correspondence.
- Manage third party agency for handling all reporting requirements in compliance with applicable federal and state campaign finance laws and regulations.
- Manage PAC Website.
- Develop and maintain content and regular updates.
- Develop communication strategy to best leverage resources of the site.
- Plan and execute PAC recognition and growth programs/events.
- Develop PAC reports for internal use.
- Coordinate all administrative functions for the PAC including record-keeping and planning and executing PAC Board meetings.
- Work closely with government and regulatory affairs team members to design and execute state-level messaging and communication campaigns
- Assist in the design, planning, logistics, and staffing for the execution of targeted external events, exhibits, and executive speaking opportunities to build positive reputational awareness with external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required to support the Corporate & Regulatory Affairs department and its mission.
- Support community investment events and activities with planning and media relations.
- Manage daily media monitoring communications, analytics research and monthly reporting.
- Support the Direct Energy Foundation’s community investment and volunteer reporting.
- Support maintenance of the Corporate & Regulatory Affairs team calendar; develop and issue weekly team highlights update to broad internal audience.
Job Posted: March 28, 2017