SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
Primary Purpose and Function of the Job:
Corporate Public Relations Director works with the Corporate Vice President of Public Relations to build awareness of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment through national publicity, executive visibility efforts, marketing and brand reputation initiatives; responsible for national media communications and key international market publicity. This role is responsible for all aspects of communications through strategic media placements, most notably national broadcast, cable news, financial media, national newspapers, magazines and blogs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for securing US national news, financial and entertainment broadcast publicity, national print, and online news coverage focused on brand awareness, reputation, park attractions and events, zoological care, science and conservation, and marine animal rescue and advocacy efforts.
- Responsible for communications support for Investor Relations, Corporate Partnership and Deep Blue Creative departments
- Assist in crisis communications and issues management
- Assist in the tactical supervision of international PR agencies
- Reporting and analysis, including publicity clip monitoring and valuation
- Manage budget and billing
- 7-10 years progressively responsible experience in public relations / communications, including personnel and budget management
- Must be a skilled writer and public speaker. Media and general issues management experience required. Financial media experience preferred, Spanish language a plus.
- Experience developing and working with broadcast producers and correspondents, reporters, media outlets, bloggers, and knowledge of media tactics and needs, especially digital and social media, is essential
- Experience in ideating ways to create and amplify news. Must also be able to handle information with a high level of discretion and work within all levels of the organization
- Travel is required. Schedule demands weekend and evening hours and 24-hour on-call availability in crisis situations
Education and Special Skills: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution is required. Major academic emphasis in journalism or communications preferred.
Job Posted: April 5, 2017