Wyndham Destination Network is a pioneer in the sharing economy, offering travelers a place to feel at home no matter where their journey takes them. One of three hospitality business units of Wyndham Worldwide , we have been helping travelers vacation the way they want for more than 70 years, and with a network of more than 112,000 unique properties in more than 100 countries, the options are virtually endless.
From cottages and condos to castles and villas, we offer an unmatched network of professionally managed, unique vacation accommodations. Wyndham Destination Network’s trusted brands give travelers the peace-of-mind to vacation the way they want. Over the past 70 years, we’ve built our brands around a culture of service to positively impact our communities and the environment.
Our network of affiliated timeshare properties and vacation rental properties fall under more than a dozen brands including: Wyndham Vacation Rentals, RCI, Hoseasons, cottages.com, James Villa Holidays, The Registry Collection program, Landal GreenParks, and Novasol. Last year, these brands sent more than 13 million travelers on vacation.
Wyndham Destination Network is seeking to fill the position of Counsel, Government Relations, within Global Legal and Compliance Services. The position will be based in our Parsippany, NJ office. The position of Counsel, Government Relations will be to research and develop strong policy solutions, provide government relations advocacy and stakeholder relations to protect the Company’s business interests and enhance brand trust, with a focus on the Company’s vacation rentals brands. This position will report to the Group Vice President, Litigation and Government Relations. The ideal candidate is a team player, strong communicator and pragmatic business savvy advisor with the desire and drive to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Developing and maintaining a current and prioritized strategic and tactical policy plan, tracking legislative developments at federal, state, local and international levels, assessing and communicating potential business impacts and political risks to leadership, and liaising with key internal business stakeholders and functional counterparts.
– Collaborating with business unit and corporate government relations resources and working with internal business partners to develop a deep understanding of all facets of our business.
– Maintaining positive relations with key local, state, federal, political and regulatory stakeholders, and building strategic relationships with trade associations.
– Organizing local alliances of vacation rental stakeholders, as needed.
– Maintain a current knowledge of proposed, pending and existing vacation rental regulations and other key regulations and laws relevant to the vacation rental industry.
– Provide counsel and guidance on special projects or litigation matters, as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
– Minimum of 3 years of relevant government or private sector experience (preferably in government relations with local or state governments)
– Preference for experience with developing and implementing government relations strategies (preferably with land-use planning or sharing economy public policy experience)
– Sound business acumen and ability to develop thorough understanding of the company’s businesses and marketplace to identify needs and formulate strategies accordingly
– Strong verbal and written communication skills – acute attention to detail
– Demonstrated strong management and leadership capabilities, exceptional judgment and critical thinking
– Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
– J.D. with a record of high academic achievement in the undergraduate level and in law school preferred; member of at least one state bar
– Hospitality industry experience preferred
Job Posted: March 12, 2017