Position Description Young Invincibles (YI), a national Millennial research and advocacy group, seeks a digital campaign manager for its Washington, D.C. headquarters. The position will lead the organization’s digital advocacy campaigns and grow our online network of supporters. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated record of creative digital strategy that adds value to issue advocacy campaigns. A growing organization with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, New York, and Denver, YI is the place for an experienced digital strategist looking to engage in fast moving policy issues.
Position reports to: Communications Director
• Create innovative digital campaign plans across all of YI’s digital channels including message, content, and engagement strategies
• Develop and oversee our email program and list strategy, including list segmentation, writing compelling content, growing our list, and syncing with ongoing campaigns
• Manage a digital media coordinator who runs YI’s social channels and contributes to content creation and design
• Generate opportunities to engage our supporters and drive measurable online actions through alerts, infographics, blogs, videos, key messages, etc.
• Ensure our digital content has consistent and compelling brand and voice across all of our channels
• Build relationships with interested parties, including advocacy organizations, and private sector partners to build digital coalitions to support YI policy initiatives
• Strategically manage our website to ensure high quality organization, message consistency, and engagement opportunities for visitors
• Understand and apply data analytics related to our email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of our issue campaigns
• Excellent strategic instincts for political advocacy, and ability to generate and execute campaign plans
• Can write compelling content to engage supporters through email, website, social channels Young Invincibles is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Ability to track and improve website user engagement
• An interest in public policy and a passion for the issues affecting Millennials
• A grasp of basic graphic design skills is a plus; basic back-end web skills recommended and front-end design skills a plus
• Experience engaging Millennials and knowledge of NGPVAN or EveryAction
Compensation commensurate with experience. Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and two brief writing samples to YI’s communications director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Invincibles is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Young Invincibles does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Posted: February 13, 2017