Asia Group Advisors
Asia Group Advisors (AGA) is seeking a part-time or full-time Washington, DC Director to provide counsel and support for AGA’s client service and client development in the United States. The ideal candidate should have strong networks within the corporate and public affairs community based in Washington, DC, particularly at companies with significant offices and operations in Asia, as well as with the Asia diplomatic community in Washington. The candidate should have experience working with large private-sector companies and be familiar with regulatory and policy issues across a range of leading industrial and service sectors. He/she must have a solid understanding of political and economic developments across Southeast Asia, and be experienced in communicating with a business audience.
- Building AGA’s visibility and reputation in Washington, DC.
- Building/strengthening AGA’s networks within the DC-based corporate and public affairs community.
- Supporting AGA’s Asia-based client service teams.
- Providing written and oral analysis of SEA political, economic and security issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years in an Asia-focused government relations or policy affairs role for a US or global MNC.
- 7+ years in a DC-based business association or chamber of commerce with Asia coverage responsibilities.
- Worked recently in a government role with Asia coverage responsibilities.
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must clearly state professional qualifications that meet or exceed the required experience and skills listed above.
Job Posted: February 17, 2017