CAPG, the Voice of Accountable Physician Groups
Summary Description: The individual in this position will assist with CAPG’s federal advocacy and government affairs functions on regulatory and legislative matters. He/She will advocate for the policies and positions adopted by the CAPG Board of Directors and Public Policy Committee. This position will report to CAPG’s Vice President of Federal Affairs.
The Director of Federal Affairs will perform the following functions associated with CAPG’s education, leadership, and federal advocacy initiatives. The responsibilities associated with this position will include:
- Building CAPG’s relationships with Members of Congress, Congressional staff, Executive Branch and health policy thought leaders;
- Preparing policy papers, comment letters, briefs, articles, one-pagers, testimony, and other documents conveying CAPG’s policy positions;
- Monitoring proposed legislation and regulation impacting CAPG members;
- Preparing materials to help convey key policy positions and information to CAPG members;
- Assisting with preparation of the CAPG Washington Weekly Update;
- Assisting with development and implementation of strategies to grow CAPG Federal PAC donations;
- Attending and coordinate fundraisers for Members of Congress on behalf of CAPG’s Federal PAC;
- Assisting with CAPG meetings and events, including the Deep Dive for Washington Advocates, CAPG regional meetings, and CAPG’s Public Policy Committee;
- Assisting with CAPG new member recruitment;
- Staffing the CAPG annual meeting, colloquium, regional meetings, and other meetings as needed. Skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Must be highly organized, analytical, accurate, and detail oriented;
- Must have knowledge of reference sources and internet skills;
- Able to manage multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment;
- Effective team player;
- Demonstrated ability to understand health policy issues and politics required. Understanding of Medicare physician payment and Medicare Advantage a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Knowledge of health reform and movement from volume to value preferred.
This position will require travel.
To Apply Please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Shelley Robinette, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posted: February 25, 2017