CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association)
• Develop public affairs issues management strategies, tactics, and lead day-to-day execution against agreed success metrics
• Develop and execute industry issues media strategies, messages and positioning; write press releases and other communications materials for use with traditional and social media; handle media inquiries and serve as a spokesperson.
• Create and manage long-term processes to anticipate and manage an array of current and emerging reputational issues such as environment and sustainability, safety and security, health, labor relations, and more.
• Manage issues management process with the top priority to proactively get ahead of reputation issues before they gain broad visibility in the public domain or with policy makers.
• Ensure the CLIA Public Affairs Committee is kept apprised of CLIA’s public affairs activities, issues positioning, and developments with media coverage on issues.
• Assist the Senior Vice President of Public Affairs with government relations activities in support of CLIA’s legislative advocacy priorities.
• Serve as Public Affairs focal point for the Technical and Regulatory Affairs function, working with them on communications regarding T&R matters.
• Establish outreach and engagement strategies for key constituencies including maritime organizations, adjacent industries / travel sectors, local communities and activist groups.
• Work closely with and develop solid working relationships with association member public affairs and communications staff to share information, plan strategies, coordinate tactical execution, and provide Public Affairs communications material.
· Bachelor’s degree required in communications, political science, journalism or related degree. Advanced education prefers.
• 10-15 years of strategic public affairs experience, journalism experience a plus.
• Experience developing and/or running public affairs issues management programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• A proven ability to think and lead strategically, while operating at the intersection of strategy and tactics.
• Proven success creating and leading multifaceted communications and issues management campaigns.
• Experience in a customer-focused capacity; ability to navigate complex organizations and interests and achieve consensus.
• Familiarity with best practices and processes regarding issues management, stakeholder engagement, thought leadership and association management.
• Familiarity with the policymaking process at national and international levels; Capitol Hill experience a plus.
• Media relations and on-the-record spokesperson experience; crisis communication experience.
• Maritime, cruise industry or other industry trade association or public affairs agency experience a plus.
• Some travel is required about 10%-15%.
Please submit a cover letter, salary history and résumé to email@example.com with the subject line entitled “Public Affairs.” Only finalists will be called. No agencies please.
Job Posted: February 18, 2017