IBM is seeking a motivated and experienced communications professional to support its global Government and Regulatory Affairs (GRA) organization, headquartered in Washington, D.C. Successful candidate will partner with global teams to drive communications programs and initiatives that advance IBM’s advocacy and leadership on high-profile public policy matters across multiple geographies.
• Partner with Government and Regulatory Affairs (GRA) team members to develop, deploy and measure impact of communications programming built around specific IBM policy priorities, issues and/or technologies.
• Develop new mechanisms for engaging policy audiences, think tanks, influencers and industry associations in major IBM milestones and thought leadership initiatives.
• Increase depth and frequency of proactive engagement with key policy media.
• Expand and curate relationships with non-media policy influencers.
• Regularly develop and deploy a range of engaging, policy-focused IBM content including but not limited to blog posts, videos, infographics, social media assets, opinion pieces and policy statements.
• Lead long-term policy communications campaigns, working closely with IBM government relations, communications and business team members.
• Build domain expertise in a discrete set of data and technology policy issues to provide ongoing strategic communications counsel and support for long-term IBM advocacy efforts.
• Expand use of data-centric conversation tracking tools to better guide, measure and refine IBM policy communications program.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
State / Province
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
City / Township / VillageWASHINGTON
IBM Business Group
Primary job categoryMarketing & Communications
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )External Relations Professional
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
6+ years of communications/public relations experience.
6+ years of media relations & social/digital communications experience.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrable passion for leveraging diverse communications channels and mediums to tell impactful stories.
Proven ability to develop and lead successful, multi-faceted communications programs.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
3+ years of issues/reputation management/rapid response experience.
Must be a self-motivated team player with an ability to develop strong professional relationships critical to long-term programmatic success.
Prior experience managing external agency support teams and budgets.
Some public policy/political experience helpful but not required.
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree
Travel RequiredUp to 10% or 1 day a week
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Posted: February 20, 2017