- Responsible for various analysis of company programs affected by the federal funding and Congressional legislative priorities
- Analyze, monitor, cover and report out on hearings and markups conducted by various congressional committees, as well as events held by other regulators and industry groups and organizations.
- Identify, recommend and plan events that involve Members of Congress as special guests to the Vice President of Government Relations (and L3T Washington Operations leadership)
- Identify the more complex issues to the Vice President, Government Relations and Senior Vice President, both orally and in writing, and prepare briefings for senior L3 Technologies leaders as appropriate.
- Monitor, analyze, and track impactful federal legislation and issues/industry developments that may impact L3 Technologies and/or other regulatory bodies in the defense industry.
o Write and circulate time-sensitive reports for Government Relations leadership to keep them apprised of topics covered and positions taken on legislative proposals and other topics of interest.
o Prepare background memos, including biographical information, relevant legislation and other issues of interest to brief senior leaders in advance of meetings.
- Duties indicated as assigned:
o Track and ensure meetings between senior executives and Members of Congress are appropriately recorded.
o Coordinate Congressional invitations in support of trade shows.
o Manage incoming information requests from congressional offices, other government organizations and regulatory bodies.
o Assists lobbyists in scheduling congressional meetings, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Marketing, Communications or Business is required.
- Five years, or equivalent, experience required; prior experience in the defense industry, communications or working in a congressional office is especially desirable.
- Knowledge of congressional operations and experience interacting with congressional offices and committees is also desired.
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills are required. Must exercise good judgment, use discretion and work effectively under pressure in a self-directed manner within a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Must also demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and see them through to completion in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Confidential
: Day – 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posted: April 18, 2017