The Government Affairs Representative serves as a company advocate with government and other important stakeholders. This position manages a range of legislative/policy issues and political projects on behalf of General Mills with a clear strategic and results-oriented focus.
- Analyze impact of relevant legislative and regulatory proposals on the company and help develop a plan for engagement;
- Serve as liaison between internal company clients, trade associations, third-party partners (advocacy groups, other corporate representatives), and elected/appointed policy makers;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and serve as a company advocate with elected/appointed policy makers, external stakeholder groups and trade associations;
- Represent the company on various work groups/committees with industry and trade associations;
- Support the Vice President of Government Relations to identify emerging policy issues, set priorities and develop an effective strategy for company engagement;
- Support management of the company’s Political Action Committee;
- Represent the company at political fundraising events;
- Support grassroots engagement program;
- Some travel required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Seven to ten plus years of professional experience – could include work on Capitol Hill, federal agency, state and/or federal affairs work and/or trade association;
- Strong political and legislative experience;
- Keen understanding of the political campaign/electoral process;
- Problem solving skills, sound judgment and strategic thinker;
- Strong communication and advocacy skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to delve into complex issues;
- Effective team player and ability to work independently;
- Leadership and initiative;
- Demonstrated results-orientation;
- Adaptability in an ever-changing environment;
- Mature, credible, responsive, positive attitude.
Job Posted: March 14, 2017