United Launch Alliance (ULA)
Responsible for supporting ULA lobbying efforts by engaging at the state and local level. Regular duties include direct interface with state and local government officials, local Chambers of Commerce, advocacy groups, and supplier companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support execution of the Washington office’s lobbying plan to positively influence legislators at the state and local levels in support of the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) program and other company priorities
- Build support for company priorities in states not traditionally engaged in space launch issues
- Work with supplier companies to help direct outreach from suppliers on ULA’s behalf to state and local officials
- Research and create messaging products promoting company products, plans and business initiatives
- Support ULA executive leadership engagements with high-ranking state officials, universities, and key advocacy groups.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of supply chain mechanics
- Familiarity with state legislature schedules and procedures
- Knowledge of key players and relationships within the space industry
- Strong verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Preferred Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct meetings/presentations to state and local officials, organizations, and suppliers
- Identify opportunities for company priorities in state and local-level legislation
- Assemble briefings and read-ahead material for ULA and member company leadership on state and local legislative environment, schedule, opportunities, and competitor legislative activities
- Cultivate relationships with key state and local officials to help build support and recognition for ULA in a new environment
- Travel to various states to meet face-to-face with state and local officials, economic development groups, and industry organizations.
Performs a variety of advocacy activities for the Vice President of Government Affairs and Communications. Travels to various locations across the country for meetings with the staffs of state and local officials to promote ULA products and initiatives. Assists in interpreting state and local policy and legislative environments and proposed legislation; assists in the preparation of briefings to senior leadership on implications, and recommends courses of action furthering the company’s strategic interests. Participates in assembling coalitions and executes outreach campaigns. This person will NOT lobby Capitol Hill.
Security Clearance / International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law. ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years of state/local lobbying or legislative experience
- Willingness to travel up to two weeks per month
- Experience with MS Office tools
- Experience with WebEx
- Experience with Concur
Job Posted: February 25, 2017