- Oversee targeted states/communities, working with local business teams to develop and strengthen long-term relations with external stakeholders – including community organizations, public policymakers, industry groups, etc.
- Work with local business teams to provide support, direction and targeted resources on external engagement.
- Consistent with strategy set by Sr. Regional Director, develop and execute local initiatives and programs to enhance PepsiCo’s presence in the community.
- Represent PepsiCo and its priorities on appropriate industry/community boards.
- Support Sr. Regional Director to ensure region is appropriately covered and engagement in communities is on-going.
- Keen sense of political environment and ability to identify political trends in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s preferred
- 7+ years of experience in government affairs, public policy, corporate public affairs
- Strong oral and written communications – developing briefing papers, presentations and memos on substantive issues
- Ability to receive information from multiple sources, prepare distilled analysis, and make recommendations for field business leaders.
- Have practical experience on a range of policy/regulatory issues and experience understanding how to incorporate those risks into strategic planning.
- Ability to work within coalition groups, assuring PEP issues are prioritized.
- Ability to manage external consultants
- Quick ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, keeping manager informed of developments.
- Travel 50%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
Job Ref: 115839BR
Job Posted: April 19, 2017