San Francisco, CA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. And make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is seeking an experienced candidate with a strong background in government relations and regulatory issues and a focus on financial services to join our Government Relations team.
- Assist with the many policy and regulatory issues that Square faces on the federal, state, and municipal level, as well as international markets
- Work as part of the Government Relations team and cross-functionally with other teams, including Legal, Compliance, Business, Brand, Hardware, Finance, and others
- Interact frequently and assist in the management of outside consultants
- Assist with coalition building through 3rd party groups and partnerships
- Demonstrated professional experience in working with the U.S. and foreign governments in the developed and developing world
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a high-functioning team
- Strong interpersonal, written and negotiating skills
- Ability to think strategically and give practical advice
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, priorities, perform well under tight deadlines and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with financial services, privacy, intellectual property preferred but not required
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Posted: March 25, 2017