We’re the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
- Primary point of contact at Cruise for Federal (Congressional and Administration) and Eastern Region state and local governments
- Primary point of contact at Cruise for national trade associations, coalitions, third-party groups and think tanks based in Washington, D.C.
- Provide weekly reports to Head of Government Relations related to AV specific activity on geographical region, across the Federal Government, and among outside groups
- Promote a positive image that facilitates open communication about Cruise public policy goals
- Coordinate across GM Government Relations on initiatives impacting Cruise AV Public Policy in region and Federal Government
- Represents Cruise at AV events and events where interests aligned with Cruise’s public policy agenda are present– with a specific focus on technology industry sponsored events
- Washington, D.C. based with 30% Travel to San Francisco and eastern municipalities
- 3-5 years experience as a Legislative Assistant in the United States Congress or equivalent role that required significant interaction with Members of Congress and Congressional staff
- A background that includes collaborating closely with right-of-center technology groups, promoting pro-innovation positions within the right-of-center community, and a track record of success in working with the D.C. based technology eco-system
- Strong relationships with Capitol Hill staff and an eagerness to engage with the Administration
- Ability and excitement to attend multiple evening and weekend events as a brand ambassador for Cruise Government Relations, and proactively seek out opportunities to engage
- Ability to undertake travel requirements needed to successfully perform this role
- Natural networker who enjoys public speaking and working with a wide variety of professionals
- Ability to quickly synthesize and summarize complex legislative activity for internal stakeholders in a timely manner
- Self-starter who can identify a need, and create and execute upon the correct solution
- Organized with a keen attention to detail
- Exceptional writing abilities
- An understanding of the implications public policy has on the development of driverless cars
- Experience in building strong coalitions across industry and political spectrum
- Experience working on, and supporting, right-of-center issue campaigns
- Political campaign experience
- A passion for driverless Cars
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Posted: April 19, 2017