Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 350+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Government Relations and Policy Associate to join our team. The Associate is responsible for assisting the Executive Vice President for Government Relations and Policy Development in developing and pursuing the Association’s policy agenda at the federal level focused on health care issues of interest to the medical rehabilitation industry. The position requires the ability to work with internal colleagues, the Association’s leadership and membership, government stakeholders, as well as the patient, consumer and scientific communities in Washington, DC.
What will you do?
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Association’s public policy agenda
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate relevant proposed health care legislation, federal rules, state regulations and recommend organizational positions
- Draft testimony, letters, and regulatory comments as necessary
- Attend and report on select Congressional proceedings as well as meetings of regulatory agencies and independent bodies
- Create and maintain strong relationships with health care and patient organizations and advocacy coalitions
- Serve as Association’s representative in various patient, consumer and scientific community coalitions and participate in meetings as assigned
- Stand-in as a proxy for the EVP in certain circumstances when she is not available
- Staff various Association task forces and committees and coordinate with the task force Chairs
- Monitor and review federal agencies’ open door forums, websites, information postings
- Monitor activities of Medicare contractors
- Research and write articles for the Association ‘s weekly newsletter, monthly magazine and other publications
- Draft letters, memos, alerts, and reports for use within the Association as well as with outside entities
- Analyze data from multiple sources including eRehabData®, Med PAC, CMS, and other sources
- Respond to inquiries from Association members and from the public
- Attend and participate in Association meetings and conferences
- Work with outside counsel on various matters from time to time
- Assist with general office operations and administrative needs as requested
Am I qualified?
- BA, Master’s degree in Public Policy, Public Health, Health Administration or Political Science
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working for a member of Congress, a relevant federal agency, or a health care trade association on health care delivery issues and regulatory engagement
- Experience in related fields preferred
- Practical knowledge of the legislative and regulatory processes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Research experience with data analysis
- Analytical skills with the ability to assess strengths/weaknesses of proposals and make informed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Legal experience a plus
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR2@kellencompany.com
Job Posted: January 23, 2017