This position is an exceptional early career opportunity for someone who thrives on what is happening in space and all things related – like what organizations are involved, what elected officials are interested in and how Lockheed Martin Space Systems translates that information into business success.
- The Government Relations Associate Analyst reports directly to the Space Systems Company (SSC) Director of Government Relations and supports the overall Government Relations and Business Development and Strategy Teams.
- Tracks and analyzes legislative and regulatory trends and government relations activities of corporate, SSC, other LM companies, and other aerospace, defense, and business companies and organizations.
- Prepares reports, presentations, and other products as directed. Assists with the planning, coordination, and execution of Government Relations activities and events. May occasionally represent SSC at functions, events, with organizations, and before governmental officials and entities. Performs other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for the space industry and has had educational or early career involvement with identifying, analyzing and translating related information into action.
Innovative engineering, pioneering science and advanced technology are what make every day at Lockheed Martin Space Systems spectacular. We enjoy a robust package of benefits, on-site campus perks and the opportunities of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
– Entry level up to approximately 3 years’ experience with exposure to the space, aerospace and/or defense industry organizations
– Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
– Familiarity with federal, state, and local issues and governmental processes
- Familiarity with organizations such as chambers of commerce and trade/professional associations
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and prepare written products and presentations
- Occasional travel will be required.
– Experience working with:
– California Space Coalition
– California Space Business Roundtable
– Citizens for Space Exploration
– Experience tracking legislation and regulatory activity
– Experience in collaborating with and advising on policy, budgetary, programmatic and political issues as they relate to business interests
– Team player – Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals to act as one in the pursuit of common business objectives
– Strategic thinking – Ability to analyze the “big picture” from the political, customer and company perspectives and to make practical recommendations to the Director of Government Relations regarding communications and political advocacy at the local, state, and federal levels
– Ability to identify and understand trends in political and customer communities as derived from trade publications, political, and economic forums and interaction with key stakeholders
– Ability to develop and maintain industry, government and community relationships as part of an integrated and ongoing process of “Keep Sold” and business development activities
– Ability to operate among senior customer and political leaders and to be seen in these communities as an authentic and credible representative of Lockheed Martin
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Job Posted: January 28, 2017