MUST INCLUDE RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED
The Government Relations Specialist will serve both as the Home Office Coordinator for the Government Relations function and also as a public facing Government Relations professional representing Allianz Life in the legislative and regulatory environment. As Home office Coordinator for the function, the Government Relations Specialist will complement the team as a liaison with internal business partners to provide timely updates on Government Relations activities; assist the Head of Government Relations with communications, support the state and regulatory outreach program and the Washington D.C. agent focused Capitol Hill visits, author issue papers and assist the Government Relations Manager with on-campus visits from policy makers. As a public facing Government Relations professional, this position will represent Allianz Life in local political and civic events, participate in Trade Associations, administer local, state and federal grassroots campaigns and handle other external advocacy efforts as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Policy/Advocacy: Track and monitor legislation and regulations important to Allianz Life and provide summary reports to the Government Relations team. Contribute to internal communications on issues being monitored by Allianz Life. Administer local, state and federal grassroots campaigns as needed.
- Manage Allianz Events: Represent Allianz and the Government Relations team in local external political and civic events. Plan and coordinate local internal events where policy makers visit Allianz Life campus to meet with senior leaders and employees. Manage all aspects of the event including logistics, information collection for the attending politician and measuring the success of the visit.
- Industry Participation: Participate in Trade Association conference calls and face to face meetings as directed. Summarize meeting activity and share with internal business partners.
- Operational Excellence: Enhance the visibility, promote the reputation and improve the effectiveness of the Government Relations team both internally and externally through written and oral communications and presentations on issues affecting Allianz Life.
Experience and Education
- 2 – 3 years of experience required in insurance/financial services industry
- Solid understanding of the state insurance regulatory process
- Experience in legislative work is preferred
- Four year degree required
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation/communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize work
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Job Posted: March 25, 2017