Kawasaki Motors Corp.
Grand Rapids, MI
- Maintains awareness of all U.S. laws and regulations affecting certification and compliance of Kawasaki engine/consumer products.
- Represents Kawasaki’s Engine Division’s interests at all levels of government rulemaking. Assists with pre-sale approval and certification programs to ensure that Kawasaki will be permitted to market its products.
- Participates in the standards development process, under the direction of Kawasaki engineering, with standards development organizations such as Society of Automotive Engineers, American National Standards Institute, International Standards Organization, and Underwriters Laboratories.
- Participates in on-going technical committee activities within the following organization/s; Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Society of Automotive Engineers.
- Assists other departments in meeting the various requirements imposed by State and Federal agencies.
- Coordinates testing of company products with government agencies and independent test laboratories.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Engineering or Business
- Moderate understanding of gasoline engine operation and emissions
- Moderate understanding of the government compliance process
- Enjoys project management duties
- Detail orientated, able to track multiple projects and due dates
- At least a 5 on scale of 1-10 in terms of understanding Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable traveling independently, up to 30%
Job Posted: February 25, 2017