- Responsible for independent analysis of the impact of health policy on HMS business including the identification of opportunities and risks; and communicating those items to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare collateral and support materials such as policy papers, testimony, presentations, and advocacy memos.
- Responsible for leading and managing Government Relations related thought leadership initiatives.
- Build brand awareness and develop relationships with stakeholders through advocacy, lobbying efforts, conference participation, and fundraiser attendance;
- Work with State/Federal Government Relations teams to coordinate activities across states and between state and federal governments;
- Responsible for supervising lobbyist, consultants and internal staff as assigned.
- Independently represents HMS Government Relations at events, fundraisers, and conferences; may be asked to appear in place of the Government Relations Director or Vice President to present to internal/external audiences.
- Responsible for contributing to proposals or RFI responses as required.
- Leads project teams to include coordinating work effort, following through, and meeting deadlines.
- Performs other functions as assigned
: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with Senior Business Unit leaders and internal colleagues at various levels.
- Ability to effectively and independently articulate the HMS story.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic and process to address work-related issues and problems.
- Ability to anticipate issues and independently problem solve.
- Ability to be pro-active and prioritize work load independently.
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate.
- Ability to manage expectations, resolve problems, and think strategically.
- Ability to manage and/or lead projects.
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and company databases.
- Average manual dexterity in use of a PC, phone, sorting, filing and other office machines.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
- Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years Government Relations experience required
- Experience in Health Care Policy required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Posted: April 18, 2017