- Serve as chief PPGA liaison to Frito Lay North America, building relationship with senior business leaders across the division to further integrate public policy appropriately into decision making and provide support.
- Develop strong and on-going relationship with business leaders, understanding business methods and priorities and how public policy can support.
- Oversee targeted states/communities, working with local business teams to develop and strengthen long term relations with external stakeholders – including community organizations, public policymakers, industry groups, etc.
- Work with local business teams to provide support, direction and targeted resources on external engagement.
- Represent PepsiCo and its priorities on appropriate industry/community boards.
- Strongly coordinate with regional PPGA state team to ensure widespread PepsiCo leadership on public policy issues throughout the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in government affairs
- Strong oral and written communications – developing briefing papers, presentations and memos on substantive issues
- Strong leadership skills; ability to interface with multiple levels and disciplines throughout the company.
- Ability to translate government issues into strategic business priorities, along with making recommendations to address the issues
- Ability to receive information from multiple sources, prepare distilled analysis, and make recommendations for field business leaders.
- Have practical experience on a range of policy/regulatory issues and experience understanding how to incorporate those risks into strategic planning.
- Ability to understand the big picture of public policy and how specific risks and issues affect the whole.
- Ability to work within coalition groups, assuring PEP issues are prioritized.
- Ability to work independently, keeping manager informed of developments
- Ability to manage external consultants.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Travel 50%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
Job Posted: April 11, 2017