Working closely with the SVP, North America, this position will develop, execute, and implement the federal government relations engagement strategy across all PepsiCo brands.
This position is a key representative of the company in Washington DC and is primarily responsible for developing and executing the congressional relations strategy. The successful candidate will have experience working in high levels of the federal government, either executive agencies or Congressional offices, and across functions for a multinational organization in a collaborative, team-oriented environment . He/she must have experience working with senior-level corporate executives and/or officials. He/She will engage congressional stakeholders and show the ability to play a leadership role in policy formation. He/She will have a demonstrated track record of success in building an effective congressional advocacy organization in a complex public policy environment.
The successful candidate must have proven ability to build meaningful relationships with Members of Congress and their staffs, have an intimate understanding of the political and legislative processes and be able to lead complex public policy advocacy campaigns. Applicants must demonstrate the experience and skill to address federal public policy challenges that have been identified as having a significant and material impact on our products, ingredients, business model and profitability.
- Lead the federal congressional public policy strategy of PepsiCo under the direction of the SVP, North America.
- Develop and execute congressional relations strategy both inside DC and in states/districts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders across business units and brands in a collaborative environment where teamwork is highly valued.
- Oversee and manage outside consultants and strategic advisors
- Create reports, conduct research, and perform benchmarking exercises as requested.
- Comply with all ethics laws, lobby disclosure and registration/reporting requirements.
- Manage at least one junior direct report to support execution of congressional relations strategy.
- Contribute to or lead special projects and assignments for senior executives as necessary.
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience; including experience working in a government relations or federal relations role.
- Prior experience with a large multinational corporation a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD or graduate degree in Public Policy highly valued.
- Experience working with senior officials and/or corporate executives required.
- Ability and willingness to work in a bipartisan manner required.
- Prior government experience strongly preferred.
- Political campaign experience and grasstops/roots organizational skills highly valued.
- Excellent communication skills, written a and verbal.
- Must have superior organizational skills, high political acumen, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively across functions without regard for rank or position.
- Candidate must be comfortable in a metrics-driven, results-oriented environment.
- Candidate must possess the ability to meet deadlines, work in fast-paced atmosphere, and show ability to skillfully manage competing priorities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
Job Ref: 115800BR
Job Posted: April 19, 2017