The Public Affairs/State Government Relations position is responsible for leading the public affairs and state government relations initiatives for POET, LLC. The title of the position will reflect the experience of the selected candidate. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of External Affairs and Communications (EAC). The selected candidate must successfully demonstrate the following abilities: to develop and execute public affairs plans; effectively manage multiple state contract lobbyists; positively represent POET before state officials, industry groups and national organizations; skills necessary to anticipate, manage and communicate legislative and industry trends impacting POET, LLC and illustrate examples of being a contributor to teams dedicated to the advancement of technologies that challenge strong incumbents.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required in political science, government relations, public policy/affairs, communications or equivalent.
- 7+ plus years of state public affairs, lobbying experience and selecting/managing multiple consultants and internal personnel.
- Track record of executing successful multistate public affairs initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and engage industry and third party associations/coalitions.
- Ability to learn and manage multiple complex issues.
- Well informed of current news events and legislative activities related to the biofuels industry.
- An ability to build and maintain strong relationships and the capability of being persuasive and at times aggressive are essential.
- Ability to work well with other POET team members.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To review a complete job description click here.
Job Posted: February 20, 2017