AltaMed Health Services
Los Angeles, CA
AltaMed Health Services
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job ID 2017-4301
Location US – CA – Los Angeles
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, this position is responsible for developing and implementing the full range of contemporary and influential communications process and work products with a special emphasis on key initiatives and corporate wide programs. Also, this position will support the implementation of the public relations strategy for the organization to position AltaMed as a leader in the community and in the health care industry. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communications program specific strategies and action plans to effectively communicate with and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources, Quality and other functional areas, develops and executes strategies that help define AltaMed for its employees and earns their commitment and engagement in the key initiatives the organization will deploy. Creates and produces a regular employee newsletter in print and/or electronic formats as appropriate.
- Supports organizational public relations activities by being a key media liaison at events as well as ad hoc interviews.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; prioritize and schedule assignments.
- Develops communications measurement materials to gauge effectiveness and interest level of key audiences.
- Works with the Communication Specialists to ensure that AltaMed is taking full advantage of new communications tactics to ensure effective communications with employees or external stakeholders.
- Adhere to company-wide compliance with the AltaMed branding program in all communications materials.
- Supports the Director- Communications in preparing CEO presentations and remarks.
- Oversees digital communications strategies and manages digital, web and social media strategies.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in journalism, public relations, communications, public policy, marketing or related field required.
- Minimum Five years communications experience in healthcare or related field required.
- Experience in editorial work including the planning, development and distribution of communications materials in multiple formats also required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish preferred
Job Posted: April 6, 2017