American Forest & Paper Association
The Manager, Digital Communications is responsible for the feeding and management of AF&PA’s digital communications platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Utilize strong writing and creativity skills to convey complex issues into understandable messages through websites and social media channels
- Create and implement digital content across AF&PA’s websites and social media channels that is consistent with AF&PA’s policies and messaging
- Monitor for news stories and social media activity on identified topics to inform staff and use in social media to support our policy positions and our industry
- Generate regular reporting on performance and effectiveness across sites and channels.
- Use analytical reporting to evaluate results and recommend changes to improve performance and reach target audiences
- Manage and update afandpa.org, as well as other AF&PA-affiliated websites representing: Sustainability; Paper Recycles; Renewable Bag; Paperboard Packaging; The Responsible Package; Paper2017; and Presidents Forum
- Develop project plans for use of digital platforms in support of association communication priorities and initiatives
- Manage outside vendors as needed
- Provide recommendations regarding digital communications budget needs
- Provide expertise and recommendations regarding technical infrastructure, including web content management systems, marketing email and community engagement platforms, and social media publishing and analytical tools
- Remain current in the rapidly evolving digital marketplace for best practices and platforms to help AF&PA achieve its mission
- Assist in other communications functions as needed
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively on all aspects of work being done and proposed
- Exposure to, and demonstrated knowledge of, advocacy for public policy and communications support required
- Familiarity with communications office functions
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, InDesign, Mail Chimp
- Experience in managing/using content management systems (such as proprietary/php/.NET sites) and social media publishing tools (such as Hootsuite)
- Experience in managing and developing social media campaigns.
- Must have strong communications skills and ability to bring ideas to the table
- Must demonstrate initiative and a proven willingness to take initiative and accountability for results
- Must be results-oriented and able to collaborate as well as work independently
- Bachelors Degree (Communications, English, Political Science or related major, or equivalent experience)
- 5-7 years experience, with specific experience in websites and social media (experience in trade association a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to work with tight deadlines and think under pressure
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
American Forest & Paper Association is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. AF&PA welcomes men and women regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Job Posted: February 18, 2017