American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
The Government Relations department advocates Honda’s position to policy makers and policy influencers to advance Honda’s business in the U.S. (and North America). The Manager of Federal Affairs will oversee development and implementation of federal public policy strategies, and represent Honda’s business interests before the U.S. Congress and the Executive Branch.
• Oversee, coordinate and advance Honda’s policy interests on federal issues
• Communicate Honda’s views to federal legislators and staff
• Define and enhance Honda’s reputation as a company
• Keep Honda management informed on relevant policy issues
• Coordinate with industry colleagues/associations
• Manage and coordinate Honda’s contract lobbyists
• Supervise designated associates
• Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or Public Administration preferred, or equivalent experience
• 10-12 years of experience in Federal Government Relations or Capitol Hill is required
• Experience managing a team is strongly preferred
• Ability to identify issues and take appropriate action in a timely manner
• Understanding of the legislative and regulatory processes of the federal government
• Strong communication skills
Job Posted: January 23, 2017