TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Federal Affairs Manager will play an important role in advancing the company’s public profile in Washington DC through building and running the company’s Political Action Committee and through representation of the company on Capitol Hill. In addition, the Federal Affairs Manager will assist with legal compliance associated with the company’s Advocacy program. The Federal Affairs Manager will also be responsible for helping to develop and maintain a coordinated internal advocacy communication strategy that advances the goals of the company and engages internal stakeholders.
– Responsible for representational advocacy on behalf of TriNet at the Federal level on issues relevant to the company’s overall public policy agenda;
– Build awareness and understanding of the TriNet Political Action Committee (PAC) both internally and externally;
– Create a scalable, companywide PAC program with targeted quarterly and annual fundraising benchmarks that builds on existing colleague engagement;
– Responsible for legal compliance associated with Federal PAC and Advocacy program;
– Develop relationships with public policy makers and allied policy organizations in Washington DC that can be helpful when working on issues of importance to the Company;
– Work with and manage outside consultants on Federal Advocacy related matters;
– Respond to internal and external inquiries related to Federal Affairs and the Political Action Committee;
– Serve as TriNet representative to official and ad-hoc working committees of both Associations and coalitions;
– Prepared for irregular working hours and occasional “crisis environment” situations;
– Other responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university; Advanced degree preferred OR equvialent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): N/A
– 5+ years of Federal Affairs experience, working in Congress, a Federal Agency, corporation or trade association;
– 3+ years of Political Action Committee (PAC) experience on behalf of a trade or similar association, corporation or public interest group;
– Successful outside consultant/contract lobbyist management experience helpful;
– Experience in public policy areas including: labor, employment, insurance and benefits a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.
– Proven leadership ability with self-driven work ethic.
– Analytical decision maker with creative thinking ability.
– Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
– Clear and precise understanding and adherence to ethical principles, company values, code of conduct and policies;
– Familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access and SharePoint, and other communications tools.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
– Up to 20% Travel required.
– Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting.
Job Posted: April 12, 2017