St. Paul, MN
Responsible for managing the daily activities of the Government Regulatory Affairs department. Assists with local regulatory, franchising, and public policy matters for assigned geographic area. Implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation, and coordinates state association management. Manages department professionals and non-exempt employees and provides subject matter guidance.
– Manages franchise renewal and transfer efforts for assigned franchises consistent with the strategies and policies for the market area. Prepares franchise renewal applications and supporting data for renewal negotiations and assists in preparation of renewal strategy. Participates in franchise renewal negotiations with municipalities and/or their consultants.
– Supports the government relations and public policy strategy as developed for the market.
– Identifies important municipal issues of significance to the company.
– Drafts, analyzes, and/or presents legislation, amendments, and testimony as necessary.
– Oversees franchise-required construction installation of complimentary cable services to public buildings, including the negotiation of any additional terms and conditions with Local Franchise Authorities (FLA).
– Reviews, interprets, and communicates meanings of the terms and conditions of franchises, franchise-related agreements, and other contracts for implementation to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
– Manages service complaints associated with complimentary services.
– Oversees additional duties related to community affairs.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
– Communications / Public Relations, Business
– Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Job Posted: January 23, 2017