The successful candidate will be an essential member of the federal government affairs team focused on developing and advocating Federal public policy positions in support of Edwards’ mission. The successful candidate will direct Edwards’ employee political involvement initiatives, including Edwards Lifesciences Political Action Committee membership recruitment and participation campaigns, local advocacy outreach, and employee grassroots initiatives.
- Track and analyze legislative and regulatory issues to identify challenges and opportunities for Edwards and its mission to provide patients with access to therapies
- Maintain a network of internal issue experts to advise government affairs on the prioritization of key policy issues
- Implement strategy for developing relationships with key policymakers to support the company’s advocacy agenda
- Work with designated trade and business associations and other advocacy groups on political, legislative and regulatory issues of importance to the company
- Lead PAC solicitation campaigns, including preparing solicitation materials, conducting events and developing recognition programs
- Arrange visits of Federal public officials to Company offices, including preparing background issue briefs and Company information.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years or Master’s Degree with 6 years of previous related experience in government affairs including employee engagement through Political Action Committees, grassroots or other related activities required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the legislative and political processes of U.S. Federal government is required.
- Understanding and experience in legislative strategy development and implementation is required.
- Experience in issues related to reimbursement and regulatory approval in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience with raising support for political action committees preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels including senior management.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must have strong project planning and organizational skills, be detail-oriented, have a demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines, and flexibility and adaptability to last-minute changing requirements required.
- Candidate must be able to facilitate and manage visits for key stakeholders.
- Candidate must be creative, resourceful, and have the ability to work collaboratively in a complex and sometimes fluid organization.
- Candidates must demonstrate sound decision-making capability, judgment, executive presence, excellent oral and written communications skills, and have complete knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
Job Posted: February 13, 2017