The Manager, Government Relations manages Emerson’s PAC and helps advance Emerson’s interests in Washington DC. The Manager, Government Relations will support lobbying activities by participating in trade association and industry group briefings, relationship building, and direct issue advocacy as well as developing and implementing PAC solicitations, coordinating with outside vendor to ensure compliance with all reporting deadlines, vetting of all questions concerning corporate political giving, and making PAC presentations to division management groups at major Emerson plant locations.
- Research and prepare talking points and PowerPoints for key issues
- Involvement in major trade associations
- Develop member and staff level contacts in Congress and the Administration
- Coordinate with responsible corporate and division personnel on issues impacting them
- Manage state government relations issues
- Participate in advocacy meetings with policymakers
- BA / BS degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of previous Washington experience including staff positions on Capitol Hill, the Administration, corporate government affairs office, and/or trade association positions with increasing levels of responsibility, understanding of legislative process and relationship building
- Background in PAC managemen
- Must be comfortable with the rigor and demands of a fast-paced government relations office, and be eager to learn how to manage an effective and growing PA
- Public policy or advanced degree with focus on public policy studie
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, strong public speaking and writing skills
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. About Emerson
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Job Posted: April 19, 2017