The Manager of Local Government Affairs & Franchising will report to the Senior Director, State Government Affairs Administration and will be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing government affairs strategies and activities that advance the company’s interests enterprise-wide, primarily at the state and local level. The following offers more detailed descriptions of the kinds of responsibilities associated with the position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Collaborate with Vice President and Director of Local Government Affairs and Franchising to develop and manage franchise renewal plans.
· Assist in managing multiple franchise renewals and franchise compliance activity.
· Produce franchise renewal reports.
· Monitor franchise renewal workflow and make timeline adjustments as needed for franchise renewal report.
· Work with Product Team to process and notify field teams regarding required local government authority notices.
· Oversee monitoring franchise FCC 626 windows.
· Maintain franchise key terms database.
· Plan and execute innovative strategies to achieve objectives for franchise renewals.
· Supervise franchise contract database administrator.
· Manage maintenance and development of Government Affairs Sharepoint document sharing site.
· Assist in developing budgets and effectively plan and execute initiatives to grow the company’s image within the communities managed.
· Support the interaction with local governments on permitting, right-of-way and other local concerns.
· Review, interpret, and communicate terms and conditions of franchises, franchise-related agreements, and other contracts for implementation to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
· Responds to and monitors resolution of escalated complaints from local, state or federal government authorities.
- Prepare franchise renewal applications and supporting data for renewal negotiations, develop renewal strategy and participate in franchise renewal negotiations with municipalities.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Analyzefranchises and legal documents.
- Use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, etc.).
- Work independently, but also to collaborate effectively with colleagues, peers and other internal and external constituencies.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance and operate with integrity and within company values; maintain high standards for ethical practice.
- Have knowledge of cable, telecommunications and broadband products, services and regulation preferred.
· Background in cable franchising, government or public policy required.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Related Work Experience
- Advocacy, lobbying and negotiation skills.
- Political/government relations background.
- Understanding of state and local government.
- Generally 3-5 years related experience in the cable industry, government, public policy or legislative arenas.
- Normal office conditions.
- Occasional travel required.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Vision ability close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES
- Valid driver’s license.
- Satisfactory driving record within company standards.
- Auto insurance.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Job Posted: February 20, 2017