Grifols is a global healthcare company and industry leader in the development and production of important biologic medicines derived from human plasma (a portion of the blood) that treat rare and chronic conditions. As a member of our Public Affairs Team, this Manager position― focused on government relations― will help drive our public policy and advocacy agenda in Washington and the states.
We are a growing office located just blocks from the White House—offering our employees a dynamic, innovative and team-oriented environment committed to work/life balance. Grifols firmly believes that people are our greatest asset and fundamental to our success now and in the future.
Join our team! Help further our mission by promoting patient access to care and treatment.
This position will assist in the development and advancement of Grifols public policy priorities at the federal, state and local level. The position is an important part of a diverse, team-oriented public affairs office based in Washington D.C. The team supports the larger US organization of over 9,000 employees, with opportunities for development and advancement across the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in political science, public policy, or related field a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in corporate or association government/public affairs office, state legislator office, or congressional office.
- Broad knowledge of state and federal legislative process.
- Strong understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and Affordable Care Act programs impacting the pharmaceutical industry and rare disease patient community.
- Familiarity with plasma-derived medicines and transfusion medicine/blood safety a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication / interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on assignments diverse in scope with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to perform duties with objectivity, confidentiality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel for meetings and presentations.
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Team player.
- Support the Government Affairs function on all federal, state and local advocacy initiatives.
- Help raise Grifols profile among federal and state policymakers through one-on-one meetings and visits to Grifols facilities in the U.S.
- Educate policymakers about the unique nature of plasma medicines and the value provided to patients.
- Proactively engage policymakers on priority issues, particularly drug pricing/transparency, and the importance of patient access to care.
- Prepare and disseminate comments, position papers, briefs, letters and written testimony to internal and external stakeholders and policy makers.
- Represent company within trade associations and collaborate with internal stakeholders on public policy initiatives.
- Present on government affairs issues and activities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze regulatory activity impacting the company and relevant patient communities.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the Grifols Public Affairs Department, including communications and plasma operations public relations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the prioritization and advancement of Grifols public policy agenda in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will be responsible for projecting the highest values and ethics consistent with Grifols corporate policies at all times. Travel will be required.
Internal – Public Affairs dept., Grifols senior management, sales and marketing personnel, medical affairs, legal department, managed markets team, and plasma donation centers.
External – State/federal legislators and staff, state/federal agency officials, patient stakeholder advocates, contract lobbyists, and industry association contacts.
To apply, please visit the link below:
Job Posted: February 1, 2017