Public Affairs Council
Are you a multi-tasker who thrives in a customer-service oriented environment?
Do you like to work on projects that require great attention to detail?
Are you a highly-organized problem solver who is the master of your to-do list?
If so, then you may be the perfect person to join our membership team and help connect public affairs professionals from around the world to the Council’s expertise, executive education and community-building opportunities.
- Support the membership team with recruitment of new members, plus retention and engagement of existing members
- Database management
- Manage complex membership renewal process, which includes creating invoices within the database, running mail merges, compiling hard-copy mailings and following up by email and phone
- Process payments from new and renewing members
- Enter and update all membership-related data in the Council’s database
- Create reports in BOXI (report writer) to extract relevant data about trends in recruitment and retention
- Interact with current and prospective members (in phone and in writing) about leveraging of member benefits
- Contact members about unpaid dues invoices
- Assist with planning and execution of quarterly orientation sessions (in-person and virtual) and periodic regional events
- Conduct research to identify and gather background information about prospective members
- Maintain membership section of website (coding skills not required) and LinkedIn account
- Assist membership team with identifying and implementing creative ways to increase member recruitment, retention and engagement
- Strong technical ability to become fully versed in our database system, including report writing
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Association Anywhere database is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Customer-service orientation with a proactive and professional demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work style
- Ability to self-manage, prioritizing and managing multiple projects
- Highly organized
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proficient in Internet research skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study
The Public Affairs Council (www.pac.org) is the leading international association for public affairs executives and managers. The Council is both nonpartisan and nonpolitical. We provide an excellent work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package (including bonus eligibility) and a location convenient to Metro’s Foggy Bottom and Farragut North stations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This position may have the occasion for 1-2 trips per year to support the membership team’s presence at the Council’s annual conferences in Florida.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Absolutely no phone calls, please.
Job Posted: March 28, 2017