The PAC position will be responsible for managing BAE Systems USA PAC internal fundraising operations, working to ensure the financial success of the PAC by developing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising and marketing plan. This position will report to the Vice President, Legislative Affairs.
60% (30% travel) – Develop and execute ongoing corporate PAC solicitation and communication strategy and campaigns for BAE Systems USA PAC, including developing goals and measuring progress; preparing written and visual communication materials, to include maintaining PAC website; presenting at internal solicitation events at various BAE sites; and attending PAC leadership conferences. Candidate must be prepared to effectively represent and advocate for the PAC as needed before all levels of eligible employees, consistent with federal laws and regulations.
15% –Support the PAC manager in the administration of the PAC to ensure compliance with applicable federal campaign finance and election laws. Work with Directors and VP, Legislative Affairs to prepare and maintain annual budget for PAC activities. Support the production of internal PAC reports and analyses. Work with PAC manager to perform financial transactions, including recording and verifying contributions and distributing funds to campaign committees. Develop strong working relationships with PAC Directors at other defense industry corporations.
15% – Responsible for all aspects of PAC Board meetings, including setting agendas, and official minutes. Foster and maintain strong, strategic relationships with PAC Board.
10% – Assume any other responsibilities as requested in support of the company’s goals and objectives.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
Required Work Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in political science, communications, marketing or a related field
• At least 5 years’ experience working for a PAC or in a related field (political fundraising, Capitol Hill, etc.)
• Knowledge of Congress, congressional campaigns, Federal Election Commission rules and procedures is required
• Strong background in fundraising, communications and marketing
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
• Capable of establishing strong working relationships within the organization
• Must be able to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet research. Advanced computer skills helpful
• Familiarity with Government Relations/PAC software
About BAE Systems, Inc.:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Job Posted: February 15, 2017