Monsanto is seeking a PAC Manager for the Monsanto Citizenship Fund. Position will be responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising plan that increases employee contributions and participation in Monsanto’s political action committee (PAC). The position will be based in Monsanto’s Washington D.C. office and will report directly to the Director of Government Affairs.
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
• Fundraising activities including written electronic communication, presentations, personal outreach and event planning
• Handling PAC Member Event logistics such as coordinating, planning and executing events, securing locations and maintaining invite and attendee lists
• Establishing and maintaining a political network with PAC professionals and campaign staff
• Handling general communications and support responsibilities for Monsanto’s government affairs team
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of four or more years of prior work experience in a professional office environment
• Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with great attention to detail.
• Ability to work with strict deadlines in a highly demanding and dynamic environment, and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
• Self-motivated with strong work ethic and ability to independently define and execute work, and develop and communicate recommendations
• Ability to work collaboratively in a global, diverse, team environment while building business relationships
• Ability to lead through influence to deliver project/collaboration milestones
• Working knowledge of desktop and electronic publishing
• Ability to travel domestically approximately 25% of the time
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Affairs or related discipline
• Experience with fundraising, marketing, database management and employee communications
• High level of understanding and practical experience working in compliance with applicable Federal and State election laws
• Successful track record of political fundraising in a similar PAC role at the national or state level
• Demonstrated success building a company’s PAC
• Demonstrated ability to fundraise in the non-profit or public sector
• Demonstrated past success in establishing and maintaining relationships amongst leadership, peers and external parties
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Job Posted: January 28, 2017