Cigna is seeking a PAC manager on the Federal Government Relations team located in Washington, D.C. The position includes responsibility for all matters related to CignaPAC, i.e. supporting PAC growth strategic efforts, state and federal PAC compliance and budgets, political fundraising events, and supporting a range of presentations.
Manage all aspects of CignaPAC, including:
- Development of a PAC budget, spending plan, and maintenance of all records related to PAC operations and compliance.
- Managing the development and execution of internal PAC solicitation campaigns, including but not limited to drafting solicitation communications; identifying and managing contributor benefits; coordinating with relevant lines of business; implementing a Peer to Peer campaign, and working with legal support to ensure compliance with all relevant rules, regulations, and laws.
- Preparing necessary compliance reports including, but not limited to: copying incoming checks, making bank deposits, collecting, and authorizing credit card payments. Maintain files and other financial records as required to fully comply with FEC regulations.
- Maintain and update disbursement budget on a weekly basis in coordination with the Director.
PAC Growth & Member Engagement
- Create and execute short and long-term PAC fundraising strategies
- Manage all aspects of the logistical planning and coordination for the CignaPAC solicitation campaigns and PAC meetings and events.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy to increase awareness regarding government affairs and policy issues among PAC members by collaborating with Government Affairs.
- Recruit, train, and maintain CignaPAC Ambassadors to coordinate and supervise broader fundraising activities.
- Prepare donor mailings, “thank you’s”, and renewals for CignaPAC; as well as any necessary follow-up reminders.
Support Government Affairs
- Produce internal PAC reports, newsletters, and analyses as required
- Prepare annual budgets and for CignaPAC. Review spending and prepare analyses comparing performance with budget projections.
- Manages and performs financial transaction in support of the PAC. Includes recording and verifying contributions and distribution of funds to campaign committee.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Must have 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in political fundraising or managing/building a PAC or PAC programs with demonstrated success.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and analytical skills required, with demonstrated ability to present to senior executives and large groups.
- Project management and vendor management experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Federal Election Commission and State Pay-to-Play rules governing political action committees.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines in high-paced environment.
- Works well in groups and experience thinking strategically and innovatively and working with minimal supervision.
Job Posted: February 20, 2017