– Serves as a liaison to staff in the Region’s Government Relations Department and Legal Department, proactively communicating Pharmacy Department and organizational needs.
– Monitors and assesses legislative and regulatory matters that may impact Pharmacy practice within Kaiser Permanente across multiple jurisdictions.
– Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts to communicate the position of Kaiser Permanente; coordinates timely and effective strategies to enhance the Region’s pharmacy interests; and organizes and prepares internal reports and communication to ensure key stakeholders, Kaiser Permanente leaders and employees are informed of important strategies, alerts, Pharmacy-related legislation/regulations, trends and Board of Pharmacy activities that impact the Region.
– Promotes and supports professional standards of practice for Pharmacy; maintains effective working relationships with regulatory agencies and professional organizations; proactively identifies future needs of the profession; and attends meetings and provides outreach communication as appropriate, including testimony for public comment, to: State Boards of Pharmacy and other agency representatives; Professional organizations; and Legislators, government commissions, task forces and civic forums, in coordination with the Region’s Government Relations Department.
– Assists in coordinating implementation needs and providing project and procedural support, with Pharmacy Compliance, to operational, clinical and support services units for legislative, regulatory, legal and professional matters.
– Provides relevant statutory and regulatory guidance and consultation expertise to the Regional Pharmacy Department and other areas as may be appropriate, maintaining a high level of customer service and support.
– Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
– Minimum three (3) years of work experience in pharmacy operations or administration.
– Minimum two (2) years of experience with managing or coordinating pharmacy legislative or regulatory affairs.
– Licensed pharmacist who graduated from an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy.
License, Certification, Registration
– Licensed in at least one of the jurisdictions in the Mid-Atlantic States Region (Virginia, Maryland, and/or the District of Columbia) as a Pharmacist required within 90 days of hire. Must provide proof of licensure. Reciprocity to any unlicensed MAS jurisdictions required within two (2) years of job acceptance.
– Active participation in at least two State/jurisdictional and one national pharmacy organizations/societies required within two years of job acceptance.
– Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills that demonstrate the ability to articulate complex ideas and build alliances that establish Kaiser Permanente’s credibility;
– Demonstrated ability to work well with a wide range of contacts in and outside of Kaiser Permanente;
– Possesses diplomatic approach and demonstrates ability to remain composed when faced with opposing viewpoints;
– Must model and reinforce a high degree of ethical behavior in self and others;
– Knowledgeable about the political environment within and outside the organization;
– Ability to master statutes and regulations and develop creative solutions to problems and issues, taking into consideration the impact of legal requirements in multiple jurisdictions, Program positions (local and national), political environment and business goals of the Region;
– Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and apply Pharmacy and related Medical, Nursing and other health care laws and regulations;
– Strong skills in personal computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and graphics;
– Travel within Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia required.
– Minimum three (3) years of work experience with Kaiser Permanente preferred.
– Demonstrated customer-focus in work environment.
– Ability to apply humor and creativity in presentations, both oral and written.
– Ability to organize and prioritize multiple functions effectively.
– Proven experience in results orientation and process planning.
– JD or advanced degree with health policy focus or experience in this area preferred.
Primary Location:Maryland,Rockville,Rockville Regional Offices 2101 E. Jefferson St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40):40
Employee Group:Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Public Department Name:Outpatient Pharmacy
Job Posted: February 20, 2017